Gift Card Scam Awareness
How to Protect Your Nordstrom Gift Card
Be Aware of Scams Involving Nordstrom Gift Cards
It is important to know that no legitimate transaction or sale will require you to pay speciﬁcally with a Nordstrom Gift Card. Nordstrom Canada Gift Cards are only redeemable at Nordstrom stores in Canada and online at Nordstrom.ca. U.S. Nordstrom Gift Cards are redeemable at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores in the United States and online at Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com, and Trunkclub.com.
- Never provide gift card details to someone you do not trust and always verify the identity of anyone asking for card details.
- Only check your balance on nordstrom.ca/giftcard or by calling 1.877.283.4045.
- Never use Nordstrom Gift Cards to pay the CRA or IRCC, utilities, tech support, bail, ransom or to avoid arrest or deportation.
- Treat cards like cash. Never share the gift card number or PIN.
Common Types of Gift Card Scams
- Public Service Scams: scammer will pose as a utility company seeking payments via gift cards.
- Government Agency Scams: scammer will pose as the CRA, IRCC, or Law Enforcement seeking payments via gift cards.
- COVID-19 Scams: scammers will request a gift card for personal use. Victims are instructed to purchase gift cards and provide card numbers and PINs.
- Coworker Scams: scammers will request a gift card for personal use. Victims are instructed to purchase gift cards and provide card numbers and PINs.
- Grandkid Scam: scammer will pose as an acquaintance in need and will ask directly for money or gift cards.
Reporting & Additional Resources
- Tell the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre about any type of scam or fraud you detect at antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca or call toll-free: 1.888.495.8501.
- Report scams or fraud to your local police.